Support the Alaska FFA by Making a Donation Today
Please consider extending your support so we can provide every member an opportunity to develop their full potential as a young leader. Every gift to the Alaska FFA touches lives, opens doors and turns dream into realities. We continue on our mission of Growing Leaders, Building Communities and Strengthening Agriculture. As we gear up for our 2018 State FFA Convention we hope you can help us continue to impact the youth in communities across Alaska. Thank you so much for your kind generosity.
The National FFA Organization envisions a future in which all agricultural education students will discover their passion in life and build on that insight to chart the course for their education, career and personal future.
FUTURE FOR AGRICULTURE
The Alaska FFA Association consists of these chapters from across our big state;
Interior Area Chapters include North Pole, Delta Junction, Golden Heart, Hutchison, Effie Kokrine, and Silent Springs.
MatSu Area Chapters include Palmer, Midnight Sun MatSu, Northern Sky, Midnight Sun Anchorage
Kenai Area Chapters include Ninilchik, Hope, Soldotna and the Midnight Sun Kenai FFA.
Southeast Area Chapters include Kake, Kodiak, and Prince of Wales with three of our chapters above including home school students.
Our students are motivated and incorporate what they learn in the classroom with an individual project (SAE), which requires students to conduct a work experience project in which they can earn money, keep records and learn new life skills. Our chapters are active in their communities, they consistently create, develop, and complete community service projects, and educate the public about Alaskan agriculture and natural resources
Alaska FFA has over 250 active members and we are constantly looking for ways to Grow Leaders, Build Communities and Strengthen Agriculture throughout Alaska. We believe Alaska FFA plays an integral part in Alaska’s continued growth in natural resource and agriculture. If you are interested in starting an FFA chapter in your community, be sure to contact one our State Advisor under the “Contact Us” tab.
Alaska FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. We strive to find ways to educate the next generation of young Alaskans so that they may be prepared with the tools to feed, fuel, and finance Alaska’s future.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship
FFA admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin in administration of its policies, scholarships, and leadership programs.