FAIRBANKS, Alaska – The Alaska FFA Association will host students from across the state at their 38th Annual State Convention, April 23-26, 2014. FFA members, involved in agricultural and natural resource education, will compete in leadership and career development events, participate in a service project and join in interactive workshops. The convention will be held at the Pike’s Landing.
Six chapters are expected to attend the convention, including North Pole, Delta Junction, EKCS, Kodiak, Palmer, and Midnight Sun, bringing approximately 100 members. Students will compete in events such as floriculture, agricultural mechanics, prepared and extemporaneous speaking, veterinary science, and job interview. The event winners will have the opportunity to represent Alaska and compete at the National FFA Convention, held in October in Louisville, Kentucky. During the Envirothon, students will compete in soils, wildlife, aquatics, forestry, and current issues. The winning team will have the chance to compete at the National Envirothon in Athens, Georgia.
Students will also have the opportunity to participate in workshops led by National FFA President, Brian Walsh. Walsh represents over half a million students and travels throughout the country leading personal growth and leadership training seminars for FFA members.
Please join us at the 38th Annual Alaska FFA State Convention & Envirothon
Awards Program & Banquet (details to follow)
State Convention Downloads
- 2014 State Convention Tentative Schedule (pdf file)
- 2014 State Convention Registration Form (excel file; fill out all four pages)
- Chapter Report Guidelines
- Chapter Swap Guidelines
- 2014 State Convention Student Conduct Letter
- Medical Release Form (Each student should fill out a form)
Applications (ALL Postmarked APRIL 1, 2014)
- Alaska State Degree Application
- FFA Record Book (theaet.com)
- FFA Proficiency Application
- Alaska State Officer Application
- 2014 Nominating Committee Application
- American FFA Degree Application
- Alaska Honorary State Degree
- 2014 Alaska FFA Outstanding Chapter Application
- 2014 Alaska FFA Outstanding Advisor Award
Envirothon Event (Palmer Soil and Water)